Pct Bypass Relay Wiring Diagram

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.

Jaguar Volta Towbar wiring diagram please!

  • Thread starter dafdalziel
  • Start date
  • #1

Hi there.

I am in the process of fitting a recently purchased secondhand genuine Jaguar detachable Brink Towbar and Volta wiring to my X type estate
.
The only problem is that neither came with instructions.
The towbar is no problem, as it is fairly straight-forward and I have downloaded some PCT instructions that help, but the wiring is a different matter.

My main issue is that the 12N and 12S sockets are past their best, so I have made the decision to combine them into one new and neater 13pin socket.
But the wiring colours used by Volta have nothing in common with standard trailer wiring colours.

Would any of you guys have the correct instructions and be able to scan and send to me?

Cheers. Steve.

  • #2

Is this a dedicated wiring kit with plugs that fit directly into the jag's rear light connectors and aux power connector or just a generic bunch of wires which need splicing. If its the latter and you want to bin the 12S and 12N plugs into one 13pin euro socket I would replace the wiring with a single 13core cable into the boot of the car. This would then be connected to a smart charger relay (then onwards via a fused supply to the vehicle battery) and via a 7way bypass relay to the rear lights. I have recently fitted 12N to my own 07' using a 7way bypass relay.

Cheers
Steve

  • #3

Thanks. It's the former - the genuine Jaguar supplied dedicated wiring kit made for them by Volta.

I've looked on the JTIS expecting to find fitting instructions on there, but can't find anything.

Assumption being the mother of all **** ups dictates that I disconnected the 12S socket prior to realising that the colours weren't standard.
I think I have noted the 12N correctly but would appreciated the fitting instructions just to check!

Thanks again for looking.

  • #4

This is what I have so far?

12N:
Blue wire - LH turn
Red / Yellow wire - Fog
Brown / White wire - Earth
Blue / Red wire - RH turn
Orange wire - RH tail
Purple wire - Stop light
Orange / White wire - LH tail

12S:
Brown / White (x2) Earth
(thick) Red - Assume fridge but don't really know!
Purple / Orange - Reverse light.
Brown / Green - Don't know but assuming 12v feed for battery charge.

If anyone can verify / correct, it would be appreciated.

Cheers. Steve.

  • #5

There are some fitting instructions here - though I don't think they include wiring colours:

Link won't work - see my post below!

Jim

Last edited:

  • #6

Thanks Jimbo.

That looks like a useful site. I'm not registered though and assume I probably don't have the correct credentials!

However, I submit my final exam piece for scrutineering!

12N:
Blue wire - LH turn
Red / Yellow wire - Fog
Brown / White wire - Earth
Blue / Red wire - RH turn
Orange wire - RH tail
Purple wire - Stop light
Orange / White wire - LH tail

12S:
Brown / White (x2) Earth
(thick) Red - Internal12v Equipment and battery charging. My reason being, I know for sure that this came off pin 4 on 12S as I had to cut it off!
Purple / Orange - Reverse light.
Brown / Green - Fridge (by the power of GreySculland elimination!)

Someone tell me I have it correct??

  • #7

Oops sorry! - the link I put up won't work, but you can get to it without having an account (i dont have one!):
Try this -

Open the topix page (link below)
TOPIx - TOPIx

select vehicle (x-type)
select year (2006 seems to have the towing docs - others may have too)
click on Find
click on Owner (top right hand side)
click on Accessory Fitting Instructions
click on Towing

HTH
Jim

  • #8

Wow. Thanks Jim.

That link is most helpfull. And will be used again and again.

The 12S fitting instructions do show the wiring which solves my problem.

Much appreciated.

Source: https://www.jaguarforum.com/threads/jaguar-volta-towbar-wiring-diagram-please.61334/

Posted by: richardstagetheiroau.blogspot.com

Posting Komentar

Lebih baru Lebih lama